My latest book, Inferior: How Science Got Women Wrong and the New Research That's Rewriting the Story
, is OUT NOW from Fourth Estate
across the UK and Commonwealth, and from Beacon Press
in the US and Canada. You can order it from Amazon
or find it in all good bookshops
is about the mistakes and bias that have plagued scientific research on women for more than a century, and the empowering new work that promises to transform the way we think about women’s minds, bodies and place in the human evolutionary story.
I am honoured to have been awarded a generous grant from the Society of Authors' K Blundell Trust in 2015 to help me complete my research.
Here are some early reviews:
"A powerful, compelling and much needed account that challenges deeply rooted preconceptions about sex differences"
- Adam Rutherford, BBC presenter and author of Creation
"An immensely readable and compelling book"
- Professor Athene Donald, Professor of Experimental Physics, University of Cambridge
"This is an important book, beautifully written, and with compelling narratives and hard evidence"
- Science author, Aarathi Prasad
"In this smart, balanced, and wonderfully readable book, Angela Saini ... objectively re-examines what we think we know about the supposed differences between the sexes."
- Eileen Pollack, author of The Only Woman in the Room
"Angela Saini’s Inferior proves the opposite of its title. It is a lively, well-written, informed account of women’s proven powers… Inferior is another nail in the coffin of male supremacy"
- Melvin Konner, author of Women After All
"This is an important book that I hope will be widely read."
- Sarah Blaffer Hrdy, author of The Woman That Never Evolved, Mother Nature, and Mothers and Others